If there are picky eaters in your household, this dish is perfect for you! I call this “kid’s favorite Chinese fried rice” because my boys are so particular with the food they’ll eat but they will both eat this all day long!
During this quarantine period, like you, I’ve been cooking a ton! This Chinese fried rice is a dish I make a few times a week. It is easy, tasty, and can be enjoyed as a full meal or as a side dish. Sometimes I serve it plain, and other times I add beef or chicken. I’ve added steak, chicken, ground beef… it all tastes good mixed in with the fried rice!
One note about rice: I discovered this brand of rice and can’t believe how much better it tastes compared to all the other rice I’ve had in my life! I got mine at the Korean grocery store and don’t remember how much I paid for it, but it looks expensive on Amazon. It is THE BEST RICE I’ve ever tasted though.
Jump to the recipe below for the rest of the steps. It’s so easy, guys. And my kids LOVE IT.
This rice is just as delicious without anything other than egg for your protein. Enjoy!
Kid's Favorite Chicken Fried Rice
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1/3 yellow onion finely chopped
- 4 eggs, wisked
- 3 cups short grain rice day old, asian rice is best
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- salt and pepper
- Finely chop 1/3 of an onion
- Finely chop 2 cloves of garlic
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter to pan
- Add onion and garlic and saute for 3 minutes on medium heat
- When garlic and onion are soft, add eggs and scramble (no need to mix beforehand)
- Once eggs are scrambled with the onion and garlic, add 3 cups of rice
- Add 3 tablespoons of sesame oil
- Add 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- (optional) add 1 cup of cooked diced chicken or steak/beef
- Mix together until heated through
- Taste and add more oil and soy sauce as necessary