This vegan protein shake recipe is helping me get the nutrients I need each day.
I’m laying in bed, recovering from my partial hysterectomy and feeling well! I wanted to let you know about this delicious shake my friend, Rebecca, suggested I have each day to help me with my energy level.
One of the main symptoms of my uterine fibroids issue was low energy and weakened immune system due to the anemia caused by the fibroids. I was willing to try anything to help me manage my symptoms better.
Over the last 3 weeks, as I waited for my surgery date, I’ve changed a few things in my diet and fibroid treatment:
- I eliminated almost 100% meat and gluten from my diet
- Started a new progestin hormone medication which worked so well- (my last post discusses in detail)
- Had this Vegan Protein Shake almost every day
I felt much better. I had more energy. My lower stomach didn’t feel as inflated. I didn’t have the “bruise-like” pains in my mid-section. I definitely think the medication helped me tremendously which is frustrating because I should have started taking it years ago! But better late than never. And I believe my improved diet helped me feel better as well.
The shake is delicious and filling. You know I need tasty food in my life! I like that I don’t need to be as focused on getting my vitamins and minerals through the rest of the day, knowing I started my day with them in my shake. I’ll continue to make it part of my morning routine. Give it a try! The recipe follows. Amazon links are provided in the recipe (note – I’m an Amazon affiliate which means if you purchase through me I will receive a small commission-thanks for your support!)
- Add spinach (I use fresh), protein powder, almond butter, flax seeds and water to a vitamix or similar blender. Don't add the fruit yet, as it won't allow the rest of the ingredients to dissolve as well.
- Blend for 30 seconds.
- Add fruit - frozen or fresh (I use frozen).
- Add more water if desired.
- Separate into two mason jars and store one of them for tomorrow.
- Enjoy! add ice cubes if desired.
Serving Size:2-3 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 375 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 5mg Sodium: 130mg Carbohydrates: 35g Fiber: 10g Sugar: 18g Protein: 34g