I have been obsessed with these oven baked zucchini rounds with parmesan, making them almost every day this week! There is something about the combination of parmesan cheese and the zucchini that transforms this vegetable from bland, to absolutely delicious!
A healthy option to make as a side for dinner or an appetizer – this dish is a crowd pleaser for even those who don’t love vegetables.
Oven Baked Zucchini Rounds with Parmesan
So, so good. I hope you enjoy these as much as I do!
- 4 medium-sized zucchini sliced into 1/4 rounds
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper, optional and very light if used
- Place oven rack in center position of oven. Preheat to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil
- Wash and dry zucchini, and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Arrange zucchini rounds on prepared pan, with little to no space between them. Lightly salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle parmesan over each circle.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese starts to brown
- Serve immediately.
- I like to use shredded parmesan because it gets crunchy in the oven and has a crisp like chips.
- Go easy on the salt and pepper (you don't really need any at all) since the cheese adds so much flavor.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 231 Total Fat: 13g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 29mg Sodium: 839mg Carbohydrates: 13g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 8g Protein: 20g