I have been obsessed with these oven baked zucchini rounds with parmesan, making them almost every day this week! There is something about the combination of parmesan cheese and the zucchini that transforms this vegetable from bland, to absolutely delicious!
A healthy option to make as a side for dinner or an appetizer – this dish is a crowd pleaser for even those who don’t love vegetables.
Oven Baked Zucchini Rounds with Parmesan
- 4 medium-sized zucchini sliced into 1/4 rounds
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper, optional and very light if used
- Place oven rack in center position of oven. Preheat to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil
- Wash and dry zucchini, and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Arrange zucchini rounds on prepared pan, with little to no space between them. Lightly salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, flip over.
- Sprinkle parmesan over each circle.
- Return to oven for 10 minutes or until cheese turns a light golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
A few notes:
- I like to use shredded parm because it gets crunchy in the oven and has a crunch like chips.
- I flip over before adding the parmesan so both sides have a chance to bake. You can omit the flip portion and put the cheese on the slices right away and brown just one side. I found the bottom side gets more soggy than I like which is why my recipe adds the flipping step.
- Go easy on the salt and pepper (you don’t really need any at all) since the cheese adds so much flavor.
So, so good. I hope you enjoy these as much as I do!