Have you tried to make an all-in-one oven dinner? This Sheet Pan Roasted Lemon Chicken with artichokes and brussel sprouts is so delicious, the whole family will love it! What’s even better? It’s super easy to make!
The magic in this dish is in marinating the chicken overnight. The flavors of all the ingredients combine to make a meal that tastes like you’ve spent hours slaving away in the kitchen.
I find that using bone-in chicken thighs are best for this dish as they stay moist throughout cooking and best absorb the marinade. But you can use chicken breasts too. Just try to use bone-in chicken versus boneless, as it really makes a difference for this dish.
My kids reject 99% of vegetables so I make them white rice to eat with the chicken. I keep spices simple with just salt and pepper due to my picky boys. It’s hard to find meals that kids and parents alike can enjoy! This dish is a winner. I hope your family enjoys this Sheet Pan Roasted Lemon Chicken as much as mine does.
Sheet Pan Roasted Lemon Chicken
This sheet pan chicken will be on regular rotation at your house! Delicious, flavorful, healthy and easy! It is Whole30 compliant and will make your taste buds sing!
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 lemon cut into slices
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons loosely minced garlic
- 2 Teaspoons Sea Salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- 8-10 bone in chicken thighs
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 pound red potatoes quartered
- 2 Jars drained artichoke hearts (12-14oz each)
- 1 pound brussel sprouts
- 1/4 cup capers
- 4 anchovies chopped (optional)
- 2 tbs chopped parsley (optional)
- In a large Ziplock bag, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken in the bag and toss to coat. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper or foil.
- Arrange the chicken on the sheet pan with liquid and add the onion, potatoes, brussel sprouts and lemon slices and spread evenly around the chicken. Drizzle a little olive oil on top. Sprinkle everything with salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 15-30 minutes.
- Add artichokes, capers and anchovies to the pan.
- Return to the oven for another 25-30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
Use any type of chicken parts you prefer, but bone in is best as it will retain moisture and flavor better than boneless.
If you like more tangy, add a few extra tablespoons of lemon juice in your recipe.
I recommend adding 4 more thighs to the recipe with all other ingredients unchanged. It will feed 4 as is, but you will want left overs!
Amount Per Serving: Trans Fat: 0g
This looks tasty but might I suggest that you swap cage-free organic for pastured organic. From what I know, it seems like a kinder option!