I’m always looking for healthy options for lunch that don’t make me feel like I’m being deprived of flavor and satisfaction. This easy quinoa salad puts a twist on the traditional Mediterranean style quinoa tomato and cucumber salad by replacing some traditional ingredients. It is a gluten free and plant based dish. Go easy on the quinoa and it could even be keto-friendly!
Green beans! I love them and can eat them all day long and the frozen bags of them taste just as good as fresh. These and cherry tomatoes are the main vegetables in this dish. If you like both of these along with a clean lemon flavored dressing, then read on!
Simple and natural ingredients like quinoa, green beans, cherry tomatoes, tossed with olive oil and lemon juice finished off with shaved parmesan and avocado on top is a beautiful combination of flavors that you’ll love. Add some chicken and you’ve got a hearty meal!
Here is the recipe for Easy Quinoa Salad
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (cook time included in above time estimate)
- 1 lemon squeezed (about two tablespoons)
- 2 cups cooked green beans
- 2 cups small cherry tomatoes, whole
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup fresh parmesan or feta
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional: 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- Cook quinoa according to package directions
- Add cooled quinoa, green beans, tomatoes and lemon (and onions and chicken if using). Mix well.
- Drizzle olive oil over mixture
- Add avocado and cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Adjust with more lemon, salt as needed
I like to keep the cherry tomatoes whole so they don't make the salad soggy. When storing left overs, keep avocado and cheese separate from the rest of the ingredients. Add these ingredients right before serving.
Serving Size:1.5 cups
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 344 Total Fat: 19g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 17mg Sodium: 960mg Carbohydrates: 35g Fiber: 8g Sugar: 6g Protein: 11g